Aunts are like chocolate. You can live your life without them, but would you really want to? Sometimes it can be hard to come up with a birthday message that expresses what you really want to say to your aunt on her special day. There are so many ways to say happy birthday aunt because there are some many types of aunts.
Some aunts are cool, some are kind, and some are downright sassy. So here’s some inspiration for when you want to show your utmost love and affection to one of the most important women in your life. From conventional to emotional, the following list will hopefully give you some ideas for the perfect birthday message.
Happy birthday aunt list
1. Here’s wishing all your birthday wishes come true and then some. You are a constant light in my life, and you deserve everything you could ever hope for on your special day.
2. You are such a kind, funny, smart, and seriously amazing aunt. Here’s hoping your birthday lives up to how awesome you are.
3. For all the times when I needed a second mom you were always there for me. I hope one day to be half the person you are. I also hope you get showered with sweets and presents on your special day and not just honeyed words.
4. Happy birthday to the most amazing aunt in the world! I don’t need the Avengers because you are my superhero!
5. Happy birthday to one of the most influential women in my life. You taught me so many things, and I want you to know that I look up to you in so many ways. Alas, for your birthday all I could get you was this message. Hey, you also taught me to be frugal!
6. I just wanted to let you know that I am so blessed to have such an amazing aunt in my life. You’ve enriched my life and have been a pillar of strength when I needed it most.
7. When I need a friend I always think of you. I just want to let you know that you are in my thoughts on your special day.
8. To the woman who has everything: just know you are my everything. I am so grateful to have you in my life, and I hope your birthday is just as phenomenal as you are.
9. They say with age comes wisdom, but really they mean with age comes the cajones to tell it like it is. You’ve always been a straight shooter and a source of guidance in my life. I’m looking forward to many more years filled with all the wisdom you can share.
10. Thank you for being a friend to me. You’ve always been there when I needed you. I want to travel endless roads with you, and I hope your birthday is filled with love, laughter, and endless fun.
11. Happy birthday! I’d say you’ve been like a mom to me, but that would be a lie. You don’t nag, so you’re even better!
12. When I need the guidance of a mom, the love of a sister, or the support of a friend you are always there for me. You mean so much to me, and I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you far more than I ever tell you. Have a wonderful birthday filled with lots of love!
13. Most aunts probably say they want flowers, hugs, and kisses, but I know what you really want. A special birthday message from your favorite person!
14. Disney should call you up, because you are such a fairy godmother to me! Thanks, for always making me feel like a princess in my own right. You bring magic into my life, and I hope your birthday is filled with love, joy, and a little bit of pixie dust.
15. Happy birthday to the woman who never tells on me to mom! Just know that I really appreciate you in my life and also on my side.
16. Thanks for giving me advice on the complicated things in life. The things you just can’t ask mom. Late night therapy sessions and ice cream binges with you are some of my happiest memories. I hope you know that you are truly appreciated.
17. Happy birthday to one of the strongest women in my life. I just want you to know that you are charming, brilliant, and utterly unforgettable. Let’s celebrate another year of being blessed with your presence.
18. For the woman who let me do all the things mom never did: thank you and happy birthday!
19. Happy birthday to the woman who inspired me to be great. You are my mentor, role model, and my best friend.
20. To the woman who gave me the coolest cousin ever: Happy birthday! Also, you’re pretty cool yourself.
21. To the woman who should have been my mother: You’ve been more of a mother to me than my own. For all the times you’ve been there and really supported me I want to say thank you. You are truly the light of my life (and if you want to go all 80’s then you’re the wind beneath my wings as well).
22. Thanks for feeding me throughout all of college. Just know that you are the best aunt ever. My stomach thanks you as well. Think of me when you are having that birthday cake later. If you need help I am so there for you!
23. To the woman who still has all my secrets from childhood: Thank you for being someone I can confide in. I just wanted to share the not so secret thought that you are simply amazing!
24. Just so you know you are my absolute favorite aunt. I know you’re my only one, but still that just makes you extra special. I hope your birthday is just as amazing as you are.
25. Dear Aunt, if life was a game of Mario Kart you would be my blue shell. Thanks for bringing excitement and adventure to my life. Happy birthday!
26. You are always in my thoughts, and not only do you mean so much to me but to our family as well. You are a truly special person, and I am so glad to have you in my life.
27. I wish you every happiness on your birthday, and I sincerely hope that your special day is filled with wonder and love. Happy birthday Aunt!
28. Some things are meant to be together: peanut butter and jelly, cops and donuts, birthdays and cake. But most important is me and you!
29. I know words can never express how much you mean to me, but I hope to spend the rest of my life trying. You mean so much to me, and I know I don’t express it nearly enough. Have a wonderful birthday Aunt!
30. I have so many incredible women in my life, and you are definitely one of them. Thank you for enriching my life with your presence. I hope you have a truly spectacular birthday!
31. When I am with you I have never felt the age gap between us. You’ve always been more of a friend than an aunt. Thanks so much for always being there for me. Here’s to many more years where I can be there for you too.
32. You’ve always made me feel like I can do anything and that my future will shine brightly. Thanks for being so positive, and always being such a strong foundation in my life.
33. You are so hilarious, I can never keep a straight face when you tell jokes and stories! Here’s wishing a wonderful birthday to my aunt who brings so much laughter into the world.
34. Getting old is full of so many ups and downs, but you always manage to bring me up. I genuinely hope that as we get older we only remember the good times, because that’s all I remember about my wonderful aunt.
35. Thank you for being the other mother I received when I wed your nephew. You have always been warm and inviting, and I am so happy to be a new addition to your family.
36. Dear aunt, thanks for always telling me embarrassing stories about my parents. Feel free to write me a novel one day. Here’s to many more years of your amazing wit.
37. You’re not just an aunt to me. You’re an icon. I want to get a giant poster with your picture on it and put it on my wall for inspiration.
38. When you’re feeling down and need someone to bring laughter in your life just call me. I’ll always be there to cheer you up. Happy birthday aunt!
39. There have been a million moments in my life where you have enriched my life with love.
40. Thank you for being my rock when I needed it most. I can never say enough how much I love you, but I’ll at least try on your special day.
41. When I look at you I see a woman whose spirit is full of love. Stay true to yourself my dearest aunt, because you have a beautiful soul.
42. So many of my memories wouldn’t be nearly as special if you weren’t in them. Thanks for always leaving a lasting impression. And I hope you have the happiest of birthdays!
43. Happy birthday aunt! It’s hard to pick just one positive thing about you, because you are overflowing with positivity. You are a bright spot in my life, and I really appreciate how wonderful you are.
44. I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely things you’ve done for me in my lifetime. You are so full of grace and compassion. Happy birthday aunt!
45. Happy birthday to the woman who always celebrates in style: My amazing aunt! Thanks for always buying me that dress that mom never would. Just know that you inspire me every day.
46. Life is an amazing ride, and I’m grateful to have you here with me the whole time. Thank you so much, and may you have everything you desire on your special day.
47. To the aunt who has given me the courage to soar and supported me with her love: thank you. You are truly a blessing in my life.
48. Another year where you are getting stronger, wiser, and even more beautiful. I didn’t know you could get any better!
49. You are one of the most charming, supportive, and unforgettable women I know. I hope you always stay that way, because you are irreplaceable.
50. To my dearest aunt, I hope you get tons of love and support on your special day. And possibly lots of money. Not from me of course but from someone, someone who has money, not me.
51. Thank you auntie for always buying me the toys that my parents never would. I hope your birthday is filled with a bunch of presents and lots of ice cream and cake!
52. You are getting more and more beautiful every year. How do you do it? Just like fine wine you are getting better with age. Thanks for showing me how it’s done!
53. To the woman who originated girls’ night out: thanks for always being a friend before you were an aunt. You taught me the meaning of sisterhood. Happy birthday!
54. Happy birthday to the woman who taught me how to drive so mom wouldn’t kill me! I am eternally grateful.
55. You are seriously awesomesauce! Enough said.
56. Dear aunt, we are so grateful you have joined our family. It’s like getting a second mother. Also, kudos for marrying my uncle. You deserve an award!
57. Thanks for always treating me like your own child. You are the best aunt anyone could ever hope for.
58. Many people are there for you in your happiest times, but thank you for always being there in my most difficult. I know I can always turn to you for advice. Happy birthday auntie!
59. Thank you for always being you: the originator of cool. I looked up to you so much in childhood, and I look up to you even more in adulthood.
60. To my grandmother’s coolest daughter: Happy birthday to my aunt! I hope your upcoming year is filled with good fortune and great opportunities.
61. Our relationship goes beyond family reunions, graduations, and holidays. It’s the type of relationship that will last a lifetime. Thanks for always being my closest friend.
62. Go Go Power Auntie! Happy birthday from your favorite nephew.
63. Just when I thought you couldn’t get any cooler; you had a birthday and got older, wiser, and way better.
64. Hooray it’s your birthday! I wish I could make today a national holiday for you, but you will just have to settle for getting a lot of chocolate!
65. I’m sending you lots of imaginary hugs for your birthday, but just know I wish I was there to hug you in person. You bring me such comfort and joy in my life.
66. You’re the kind of woman who doesn’t just say nice things, but does nice things. Thanks for leading by example. If I turn out half as great as you I’ll consider it a life well lived.
67. I just wanted to remind you on your birthday that as my aunt it’s your job to spoil me. You can start by sharing that cake is all I’m saying. Happy birthday aunt!
68. You are great to everybody, but you always treat me the best. That’s why I love you. Happy birthday to the woman who treats me like a prince, thank you!
69. You’re another year older. One more year closer to being a crazy cat lady. Wait, how many cats do you have now? I think you may be there already. Oh well, I still love you tons. Happy birthday aunt!
70. To my favorite aunt, thanks for teaching me how to be a rock star. For all your truly memorable moments in my life I am exceedingly grateful. I hope the rest of the world treats you like the star you are today.
71. When I need a mom and a bestie all rolled into one, I always look to my aunt.
72. To my absolute favorite aunt: Happy birthday! I could never find another person as lovely and rare as you, and I wouldn’t want to.
73. Dear aunt, you may be a little bit crazy, but you’re my kind of crazy.
74. Thanks for all the years of daring me to keep trying. I hope you never change. Stay beautiful and true.
75. Happy birthday to the woman who taught me how to cook better than my mom. No need to tell her though. What are aunts for, if not for keeping secrets?
76. You are one of the most understanding women I know. You are so compassionate and have always been my own personal cheerleader.
77. I want you to know that I really appreciate all your concern and love over the years. I hope you receive lots of love and support on your birthday. Also, lots and lots of presents.
78. Not many aunts have a nephew like me. You’re welcome. And happy birthday!
79. You are more than my aunt. You are a cherished friend. I know I don’t say it as often as I should, but please know that my life would have less meaning without you in it.
80. I am honestly grateful for how supportive you are and how you never judge. Thanks for all the constant love over the years. Happy birthday aunt!
81. Thanks for always being a rule breaker. You showed me how to live life to the fullest and to dream bigger dreams.
82. Aunt. Miracle-worker. Is there a difference?
83. When I think of you I think of warm hugs that crush the life out of me. I wish I was there to receive one now. Happy birthday to one of the most superb women in the world. You light up my life.
84. You are the life of the party to everyone who knows you. You have that irresistible sparkle that just pulls people in. I am so fortunate to have you as a presence in my life.
85. I may have inherited many things from my parents, but I learned a wealth of things from you. Thanks for being such an amazing teacher as well as a friend.
86. You are many things in life: plant killer, collector of fine china, neat freak, DIY pro; but to me you will always be the absolute bestest aunt in the world. Happy birthday!
87. Thanks auntie for watching cheesy movies with me a million times when mom wouldn’t. You are the best aunt in the world, happy birthday!
88. Happy birthday to a woman whose heart and soul are as beautiful as she is. You are such an empathetic and caring person. I wish you every joy today, and I hope that you get everything you deserve in life
89. Batman had Robin, and I have you. Some people call them sidekicks; I call them aunts.
90. I hope your birthday is filled with sunshine, rainbows, and butterflies. Also, that you get that thing you’ve always wanted: a unicorn.
91. Happy birthday to the aunt who gave me everything my parents didn’t want me to have. I really appreciate it.
92. When moms need backup they call aunts. Thanks for always taking care of me when I needed it. You are the best aunt ever!
93. Finally, a day all about you! You deserve it. Everyone should basically bow down to your greatness today. If they don’t just let me know, and I’ll bust some heads for you!
94. Sending warm thoughts and prayers to you on your birthday. I wish I could send chocolates, but alas I already ate them. Happy birthday Aunt!
95. When I was a child you were comforting. When I was a teen you were protective. As I have become an adult you are supportive. Thanks for being there for every stage of my life.
96. When I was little I thought you knew the answer to everything. As an adult, now I know you are a pro with Google. Thanks for always searching for my answers.
97. Even though you’re not my mom you’ve always been a guiding hand. Thanks for always being there when I needed you most.
98. Thanks for helping me with girls when I was too shy to go to mom. You’re the best.
99. Aunt, I am your top fan as well as your best nephew. Just letting you know you shine so brightly every day, but especially on your birthday!
100. You are always the highlight of every family gathering, they just wouldn’t be the same without you!
101. Thanks for always keeping me in line when I really wanted to stray. You are a main part of the reason I am who I am today. I have nothing but genuine respect and love for you Auntie.
102. Happy birthday to a fabulous aunt. Thanks for teaching me how to become the lipstick hoarder I am today. I know you will absolutely own it on your most important day.
103. Instead of counting candles this birthday, aunt, just try and count memories. I may not be able to count every memory of you and me together, but I can definitely add a few more.
104. It’s important to laugh while you can, and smile while you still have teeth. Happy birthday to the aunt that never changes. I love you!
105. A friendship like ours is hard to find. It’s not often you find someone as astounding as you.
106. You are the best confidant a teen could ask for. Thanks for keeping all my secrets.
107. Thanks for showing me that the best way to lead is by example. You truly inspire me to be a better person. Happy birthday aunt!
108. Whoohoo your birthday is here! It’s a great excuse for pedicures, shopping, and wine.
109. Thanks for advising me that a man is more easily defined by the respect that he shows a woman than by the size of his wallet. If more men had aunts like you, the world would be filled with more gentlemen.
110. I hope you are having one of the loudest, craziest, and most fun birthday parties ever today. Also, I hope it’s filled with lots of wine.
111. Thanks for being the my light in the dark, and I hope I make you just as proud of me as I am of you. Thanks for being my inspiration and happy birthday.
112. Dear Aunt, you know those motivational posters they put up in school? I saw one today for how to be awesome, and it just had your face on it with the word boss underneath. Just wanted to make sure that you were aware they were using your likeness. Love, your precious niece.
113. Thanks for showing me how strong a woman can be. When I want to know how to build an empire all I have to do is look to you to see how it’s done.
114. You are my role model in so many ways. I know you already have everything you could possibly want in life, but I am sending you my affections anyway. Happy birthday Aunt!
115. I really wanted to send you puppies for your birthday Auntie, but I figured you already have my love so what could possibly be cuter or better?
116. For all the book reading, board games, and hours and hours and hours you spent watching cartoons with me; I am grateful.
117. To the coolest, hippest, and craziest aunt: Happy birthday! It’s not easy to make it look as easy and good as you do.
118. Thanks so much for all the birthday cookies you’ve baked for me. They’re not half as sweet as you. I hope you have many more years of receiving birthday love. Also, I hope there’s many more years of you baking me cookies!
119. You are the Yoda to my Luke auntie.
120. For all the years you’ve given me love, strength, and support I truly do not have the words to express my gratitude. This message may be small, but it carries the strength of my feelings for you. Know that you are truly appreciated.
Looking for more aunt happy birthday images?
More happy birthday wishes
Happy birthday brother-in-law – Lot’s a ways to wish your brother-in-law a happy birthday!
Happy birthday best friend – Have a friend you need birthday wishes for? We’ve got you covered!
Happy birthday dad – Here are a ton of great birthday wishes for your dad!
Happy birthday mother-in-law – If you need some birthday wishes for your mother-in-law, we’ve got 120 for you to choose from.
Belated Birthday Wishes – Whoops, did you forget to wish someone a happy birthday? We’ve got you covered.